Sunday, May 19, 2013

One Foot in Front of the Other

Saturday afternoon, at the conclusion of Ian's soccer game, I packed up the chairs and began to walk back to the parking lot. We had to walk the beaten windy path through the woods, up the hill. It's not terribly long, maybe 5-10 minutes, but when toting the miscellaneous soccer mom items, and not being in as good of condition as I once was, I expected it to be  an uncomfortable hike. 

Approaching the path I looked up. What felt like an enormous hill awaited me. I really didn't feel like trudging up this hill, but since that's where my vehicle was parked, I had no other choice. 

As I started walking, I noticed I was walking with my head down and my eyes focused on the ground at my feet. I didn't think about how much longer or how many more steps it would be before I reached the top.  I just kept stepping. I never looked up. And before I knew it I had made it.  

Then it occurred to me, this was very similar to the figurative hill I'm climbing. I can see the monumental climb ahead of me, but that's not where I'm focusing. My focus is at my feet, one foot in front of the other, plugging along. And just like the path from the soccer field to the parking lot, I'll be to the top of this hill before I know it. And once I'm at the top, I'll be able to stop, turn around, and see just how big my hill was. For now, I'm just stepping. 

Now on to the update. 

I went to see a new doctor on Thursday. His office, only 15 minutes from my home, takes half the time to get to. He spent a whole hour talking to me, taking notes on my back story, and listening to my concerns about my stomach. He thought that a hiatal hernia was causing part of my issues. He told me a technique I could use to correct it. He also suggested I switch two of the products I was taking, an enzyme and probiotic, for a kind that he thought would be more effective. After taking his advice I'm feeling 90% better. I'm able to drink and eat, and think for that matter, again. I say think because when you're in as much pain as I was in it's hard to think straight. I'm sure in a few more days I'll be back to feeling 100%.  Well, I'll be back to feeling how I was feeling before the stomach issues. I'm not sure at what point I'll be back to pre-chemo feeling again. 

In addition to the other therapies, I've started using a Rife machine, available at the doctor's. I really don't have a good enough understanding of it yet to be able to explain it. All I know is it uses radio waves to help current many different conditions, c***** being one of them. My thought is if it isn't going to hurt than why not, it's only $6 a week.

Also available for use at the new doctor's is an infrared sauna, which I have not used yet, but it is one of the things on my list that I have wanted to do. It's supposed to be very good for detoxing. One of the things that the thermo imaging did show that I forgot to mention was that my lymph system is clogged. Since that is your bodies first line of defense against cleaning the rest of your body it is something I need to work on cleaning out, which using a sauna would be very useful in helping to do. 

Tomorrow, Monday May 20th, I have my weekly appointment for an IV. I'm switching to the vitamin C this time. From everything that I have read about it, I feel as though it will be more beneficial than the H2O2. Plus, I can't be entirely sure that the hydrogen peroxide didn't somehow contribute to the imbalance of bacteria in my stomach being that it was already compromised from the two rounds of chemo.

Thank you for the many prayers. Until next week...





  

No comments:

Post a Comment