Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Game On!

It was a long, quiet drive to meet with the new doctor Monday afternoon. As I was driving the nearly 50 miles, I had plenty of time to think. Bob had even commented on how quiet I was, since normally I'm not. I was apprehensive that this meeting would be a waste of my time. I had had such high hopes when I made the decision to go to the C***** Treatment Centers of America in Chicago, only to be disappointed that it wasn't what I had expected it to be. Would this, too, just be more time and money wasted?

The doctor I met with was an older gentleman who has probably been practicing medicine for close to 50 years. 50 years, that's a pretty long time. He started his career as an ears/nose/throat doctor but quickly became interested more in how allergies were affecting his patients. He then became certified in environmental medicine and educated in applied kinesiology muscle testing. For those of you unaware of what that is, it's a pretty cool technique in alternative medicine used to be able to diagnose illness or choice of treatment by testing muscles for strength and weakness. It may seem hokey to some people, but not me. I felt like I was finally in the right place.  I was impressed by his extensive knowledge of holistic medicine and comforted by his concern for my overall health

Many of the natural survivor stories I have been reading mentioned vitamin C IV's as part of their treatment. He suggested not only vitamin C but hydrogen peroxide as well. I now have strips to test my ph levels. And what about monitoring? He gave me the number of a place where I can have thermal imaging to monitor my progress. Awesome!! I'm set. 

There is a down side to going the natural route. Money. My health insurance won't pay for any of it. I'm not worried about how I will come up with the money. I have seen God's hand in this from the very beginning. I know all my needs will be met. But to give everyone a better understanding of why I have set up a fund for donations, I'll explain the costs involved with my treatment. 

My supplements for a one month supply- $800. Weekly IV treatments $100 each time x4 - $400. Thermal imaging to monitor- $160. Doctor appointments (separate from treatments), missed days at work, travel expenses (100 miles round trip), organic produce in large quantities for juicing. I'm sure there are things I'm missing, but you get the point. It all adds up pretty quickly.

Do I expect everyone to give? No, not at all. But for those who do feel compelled to give, your giving spirit and generosity is greatly appreciated.

As I laid in my bed very sick after my second chemo treatment, I wondered "how am I supposed to fight this feeling so awful", I surely felt like "it" had the upper hand. Not anymore...Game on





No comments:

Post a Comment