Saturday, April 13, 2013

Walking the Walk

It's been 15 days since my last treatment. I'm feeling pretty good overall. The nausea is completely gone and food is tasting like food again. I have lots of energy when my day starts, but by the afternoon I'm tired and ready for a nap.

I enjoyed doing some normal mommy things this morning. I went to the boys' soccer games, took three of the kids to get new shoes, and even got some cleaning done around the house. Then, my body said it was done.

Aside from updating about how I am feeling physically, I also wanted to update everyone on an important decision I have made.

After the last treatment, as I had mentioned in a previous post, I spent an entire day in bed, sick from the side effects. I prayed, and prayed, and prayed. I listened to worship music, read my Bible, and prayed some more. In addition to feeling sick, my heart was torn by the news of having tested positive for the BRAC1 (breast c*****) gene and I needed guidance. I was searching for answers. Answers only God could give me.

Later that night, around 9pm, Bob came in and sat on the edge of the bed. He was just checking to see how I was feeling. What came out of my mouth next was NOT planned. It just flew out. I said "I don't think I'm getting chemo anymore. My last treatment was it." So there it was. I had an answer.  An answer that I can only assume came as a result of prayer.

Not getting anymore chemo does not mean I won't be treating the problem. I have been to a holistic doctor who also works with a medical doctor. The medical doctor will be able to order blood work and tests to monitor my progress.  I have already implemented many of the steps of my new plan, which I will share with you at another time.

I do sincerely apologize because I know my decision will cause a lot of people to be hurt and scared. I understand most people are not aware of all the options there are for natural cures. I recently read a book that contained stories of 25 people who all cured their cancer, all in different ways. In an attempt to help educate people and hopefully reassure them that I will be okay, I will post articles and links and some of their stories to my Facebook page- same name as this blog.

Since our emotional state plays such a huge role in the healing process, I ask that you please not post any comments, send any emails, private Facebook messages, or texts which could be interpreted as negative. Please do not share stories of people who have tried a holistic approach and failed. I realize in your mind you feel as though you would be helping, but really, you wouldn't be. For every story of someone who tried and failed, I could tell you a hundred stories of people who have tried and are alive and well.

I realize that most of you would not choose this route, and think I am absolutely crazy for doing so, but I am comfortable with my decision. My faith is not in the medical man, nor in the holistic man, but in God. And while I would love your support, I am completely prepared to walk alone. Your prayers are always welcomed, but please respect the decision I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment