Thursday, March 21, 2013

CTCA Day 2-part one

I will go into more detail about my day later. I just wanted everyone to know that today went better than yesterday. I had an appointment with the oncologist. He does have a plan that does include chemo but slightly different than the plan the doctors in Pittsburgh had.

Sadly my hair has started thinning, not in the way they had described to me, but there is definite shedding going on. I'll wait to see if this continues before making the decision to shave it completely.

My blood count is too low to give me another chemo treatment right now. They gave me an injection of a medicine called neupogen which will increase my white blood cells. One of the side effects-bone pain. So basically I feel like I have the flu.

For now I am going to rest, I just wanted to give you the short update. I will go into more details of their plan and the rest of my day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment