Sunday, March 17, 2013

Hair Status

As I had mentioned in previous posts, I am due to lose my hair on day fourteen, at least this is what I've been told. I believe each chemo medicine is different when it comes to hair loss. I was given Adriamycin  and Cytoxan. When combined I have a 92% chance I will lose my hair. If I count the Monday I got my first treatment as day one then today would be day 14. But if day one doesn't start until after 24 hours has passed, then tomorrow will be day 14. Since I woke up and still had hair today, then I guess tomorrow is the big day.

I actually had a dream last night about my hair falling out. It didn't seem to be traumatic in the dream. When I awoke I immediately checked my pillow to see if there was any hair on it. And nope, nothing. Then I tugged on my hair to see if it would come out. And it didn't.

 The plan is to have my best friend, sisters, mother, and Bob and all the kids here when it is time to shave it. It actually would have been easier to have it happen today. It's Sunday, nobody that I was planning on having here was working. The kids were home from school. But I guess these things don't really happen at my convenience.

In addition to having to prepare myself mentally for tomorrow, I also have a lot to do for our trip to Chicago. Originally I thought we might be there for three or four days, but now it could be as many as eight. So I am trying to get myself ready to go and also get things ready around the house for the kids in our absence.

Thank you for your continued support. It really helps going through this knowing there are so many people who care.

No comments:

Post a Comment